1. There are 40 different species of falcons.The most famous one is the Peregrine Falcon for being the fastest bird in theworld.
2. Falcons can be found almost everywhere,except for Antarctica.3. The Falcon is related to the Hawk and Eagle.4. Falcons can live in any environment. Thatmeans they can live in mountains, deserts, savannahs, and even cities.5.
Falcons are usually covered in dark brownor grey feathers. Their bodies are also marked with white, yellow, and blackspots.6. Falcons are known for their pointed wings,sharp talons, and their short, hooked beaks.7. Falcons have better eyesight than humans.They can easily spot their prey while flying, and then swoop down to catchthem.8.
A falcon’s sense of hearing is also good.However, it’s not as strong as their sight. Their sense of smell is probablythe weakest.9. Falcons are diurnal birds.
That means theyhunt and fly during the day. 10. Despitetheir size, Falcons are very strong. They can carry things that are heavierthan them and fly for a long time. 11. Falconshave a “tooth” at the end of their beaks. That’s why, unlike other birds,falcons use their beaks instead of their talons as weapons.
12. Aftereating, Falcons would sometimes spit out the bones and fur they accidentallyswallowed while eating their prey. 13.
Falconsare carnivores. That means they only eat meat. While they are not picky eaters, their meals usually consist of rodents,frogs, and fishes.14. Falconsare solitary creatures. That means they like to be alone. Falcons only meet upwith one another when they want to attract mates or start families.
15. Falconsare monogamous. That means they mate for life. 16.
Everyyear, Falcons meet up with their mates and dance together in the sky. Thereason they do this is so that they can rebuild their bond.17. Falconscan build their nests almost anywhere. For example, trees, cliffs, and evenskyscrapers.
18. Femalefalcons are larger than males and can lay 2 to 5 eggs. These eggs can be white,red or brown.19. Boththe male and female falcon takes care of the chicks until they’re big enough tofend for themselves. 20.
Falconscan live up to 12 to 20 years in the wild. In captivity, they can live up to 25years.21.
Eventhough Falcons are birds of prey, they still have enemies. These enemies arelarger birds such as eagles and owls. 22. Falconrywas made when humans discovered how falcons were great hunters.
It is a uniquesport where humans hunt together with trained birds, specifically falcons. Ithas a long history and has been around for hundreds of years.