1. The Falcon is considered one of the fastestbirds in the world.
2. The Falcon is related to the Hawk and Eagle.3. There are at least 40 different species offalcons. You can find them almost everywhere, except for Antarctica.4. Falcons can live in any environment.
Thatmeans they can live in mountains, deserts, savannahs, and even cities.5. Falcons are usually covered in dark brownor grey feathers. Their bodies are also marked with white, yellow, and blackspots.
6. Falcons are known for their pointed wings,sharp talons, and their short, hooked beaks.7. Falcons have better eyesight than humans.They can easily spot their prey while flying, and then swoop down to catchthem.8.
A falcon’s sense of hearing is also good.However, it’s not as strong as their sight. Their sense of smell is probablythe weakest.9. Falcons are diurnal birds.
That means theyhunt and fly during the day. 10. Despitetheir size, Falcons are very strong. They can carry things that are heavierthan them and fly for a long time without getting tired. 11. Falconshave a “tooth” at the end of their beaks. That’s why, unlike other birds,falcons use their beaks instead of their claws as weapons. 12.
Aftereating, Falcons would sometimes spit out the bones and fur they accidentallyswallowed while eating their prey. 13. Falconsare carnivores.
That means they only eat meat. While they are not picky eaters, their meals usually consist of rodents,frogs, and fishes.14. Falconsare solitary creatures. That means they like to be alone. Falcons only meet upwith one another when they want to attract mates or start families.
15. Falconsare monogamous. That means they mate for life. 16. Everyyear, Falcons meet up with their mates and dance together in the sky. Thereason they do this is so that they can rebuild their bond.
17. Falconscan build their nests almost anywhere. For example, trees, cliffs, and evenskyscrapers.18. Femalefalcons are larger than males and can lay 2 to 5 eggs.
These eggs can be white,red or brown.19. Boththe male and female falcon takes care of the chicks until they’re big enough tofend for themselves. 20. Falconscan live up to 12 to 20 years in the wild. In captivity, they can live up to 25years.21. Eventhough Falcons are close to the top of the food chain, they still have enemies.
These enemies are larger birds such as eagles and owls. Falconry was created basedon these birds. It is a sport where humans hunt with the help of trainedfalcons. This sport has been around for 3,500 years.