Plants are one of the largest kingdoms of


Plants are one of the largest kingdoms of living organisms called autotrophic eukaryotes that depend on light energy from the sun and are capable of making their own molecules as a source of food from simple inorganic substances. These organisms need sufficient sunlight, carbon dioxide, and various amounts of minerals in order to develop and survive. In fact, they are extremely diverse, differing in species, sizes, shapes, types, method of transporting minerals and rate of photosynthesis. Some live on land, others float on water, usually depending on their adaptations. As well, some of them grow roots and have long stem structures, while others survive and thrive in the complete opposite way (Damon, 2014, pp. 191-196 There are two types of plants that are distinguished from each other based on their root system, structures, and mineral flow method. These are called vascular and non-vascular plants. Briefly, non-vascular plants are very short, basic plants, lacking a sufficient mineral flow from the two main tissues, xylem and phloem, that are essential for transporting nutrients and minerals throughout the rest of the plant. On the other hand, the other type is the vascular plants, which are known to be larger and taller plants and have the lignified and the non-lignified tissue that make them grow larger and develop into flowers, food or just a plant with hidden benefits (Fiore, 2017).  

There are many different types of plants in each type belong to the same phylum, but one of the broadest phyla in vascular plants, known as flowering plants, including root and stem structures are called Angiospermaphyta. Some plants of this phylum include Arugula, with scientific name Eruca vesicaria, and Coriander, Coriandrum sativum. These types of plants prefer growing in the cool weather of early spring or late fall and also require a sufficient amount of sunlight as well as a rich, fertile, well-drained soil to make its best growth. Arugula takes about 7 to 14 days to develop, whereas Coriander, needs 2 to 3 weeks for the seeds to fully germinate and later on harvested. In resemblance, both plants grow up to 6-12 inches long and commonly used in salads and cooking  (Tsui, 2007). Additionally, The famous plant, Aloe vera, is also an angiosperm; one of approximately 420 species of the genus Aloe and the scientific name is Aloe vera. Aloe Vera comes in many different species, but all of them have the same advantages. The cactus looking plant thrive in many distinct areas around the world, and is accustomed to living in dry and open areas, exposed to high-intensity sunlight and heat. (Aloe Vera Benefits & Information, 2008).

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

 The Aloe Vera plant is well known for forming a slimy, jelly-like liquid found in the inner part of their leaves. This clear substance is filled with many beneficial nutrients that are mainly used for many purposes such as in medical procedures, pharmaceutical use and also used in cosmetics. It’s also used in natural remedies for healing burns, cold sores, used for acne, and also can be used to help treat many diseases and is commonly used today because of their beneficial uses. Moreover, 99% of the Aloe gel is water, the remaining 1% carries plenty of various nutrients that work well together and are the reason for making the gel is so valuable (Aloe Vera Benefits & Information, 2008). The gel carries more than 75 potentially active minerals that are vital to the plant’s growth process and healthy function of all the body’s systems. These components that are present include three antioxidants vitamins A, C, E, folic acid, calcium, sugars, magnesium, sodium, iron, lignin, amino acids, four fatty acids, salicylic acid, eight enzymes and other numerous ingredients. In addition, it includes twelve anthraquinones, or compound called laxatives, that are helpful and used as antibacterial properties. Astonishingly, it also provides 20 out of 22 human-required amino acids and the whole eight essential amino acids. However, using an excessive amount of this gel can cause some serious side effects that include allergic reactions, skin irritations, constipation, dehydration, and others. Despite that, the Aloe Vera plant is commonly used today and is known to be one of the most naturally productive, valuable and worthy healing plant (Babcock, 2017).