The Dodge brand has been in existence for over 100years and has carried thespirit of it’s founders, John and Horace Dodge whofounded the company in 1914.
Much of their influence has continued into thedesign of the 2018 Dodge model, the fastestquarter-mile production car in the world and most powerful muscle car ever. It is America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable vehicle. These new SRT ultimateperformance models join a brand lineup that includes the Durango, GrandCaravan, Journey, Charger and Challenger, including the 707-horsepowerChallenger SRT Hellcat and the Charger SRT Hellcat, the quickest, fastest andmost powerful sedan in the world. The Dodge Charger 2018, said to be releasedin the first half of next year, is a sporty family vehicle which comes equippedwith a variety of powertrain configurations. The sedan type vehicle is knownfor it’s heart pounding engine power and is already beingrumored as one of the best upcoming sports sedans while it offersthe best of both world. With the bestof the 2017 models expected to be found within, so are many changes likely toimprove the performance, styling and comfort.
1. About the trimsYou will find that the trims are available in a number ofvariations. These are: SXT, GT, SXT Plus, GT Plus, R/T, Daytona, R/T Scat Pack,Daytona 392, SRT 392 and the SRT Hellcat. 2. Standard camera and park assistYou no longer need to customize the vehicle with the reversecamera and park assist because it now comes standard with all vehicles. 3. Fueling capacityAmong it’s bothermodels, the SXT, SXT Plus, GT, and GT Plus are all have a 3.
6-liter V6 engine capacity which produces approximately 300 horsepowerand 260 lb.-ft. of torque. For the other models such as the R/T and Daytona models, the capacity is usually that of 5.7-liter with a V8 engine whichproduces 370 horsepower and 395 lb.-ft. of torque. 4.
The bodyThe DodgeCharger 2018 is accessorized by four doors and has a muscular and sculpted sculpted frame. It is complemented by LED lighting in the front and rear new projector style headlamps. 5. Eight speed transmissionThe new Dodge has its TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission coupled with it’s 3.6-litre V6 inthe SE and SXT trims, a featureoriginally brought about by Chrysler.
6. Rear-wheel driveAs always, all Chargers arerear-wheel equipped, while others such as the SE and SXT are available with anall-wheel drive system. The SRT Hellcat packs a supercharged 6.
2-litre Hemiengine good for a mind-bending 707 hp and 650 lb.-ft. of torque. The Dodge Charger, a rear and all wheel power sedan also carries thiscapability7. 5 seat sedanThe 2018 Dodge Charger will be available as a 4-door and 5-seat sedanvehicle. Which gives it more flexibility when it comes to its usage. Among itstop pick is its use as a sports-type family vehicle. 8.
CostWith a pricetag of $28,495 the dodge compares with its other model as a mid-range vehicle. The top of theline 2018 Dodge Charger Police AWD, is priced at $36,750 whencompared with its 2017 model which is about $31,000 SXT model. The R/Tmodel is a low priced Hemi V8 Charger is sold for around $35,500. The R/T Scat Pack, withthe 485-horsepower Hemi, is $40,990,the R/T Daytona 392 around $46,000 and the SRT 392 is about $52,000. 9. Best of both worldsThe charger is builtto look like a muscle car that actually performs and caters to a mixed market.The Charger is a larger form of sedan which satisfies a market of enthusiasts whose wants andneeds culminate in a best-of-both-worlds, spacious sport sedan as well as a family vehicle. 10.
High PerformanceThe dodge charger is recognized as the quickest, fastestand most powerful sedan in the world and is designed and engineeredto provide the ultimate in high-performance comfort and road-ready confidenceas America’s only four-door muscle car currently. 11. Rear wheel architectureThe Dodge Charger’s rear-wheel-drive architecture enables the model lineup to extensively highlight the performance-driven powertrains with the latest technology under the hoodand behind the wheel without compromise. In addition, with their ability to build on thistechnology and brand promise of high performance, the Dodge charger is able tobe a world-class power, efficiency, technology, authentic materials that standout stylishly. 12. Re-positioning the Dodge Charger 2018For 2018, Dodge will be re-positioning its Charger model lineup on vehicles equipped with the 3.6-liter PentastarV-6, now offering the SXT, SXT Plus, which is available with and withoutleather seating and the GT and GT Plus equipped with the segment’s most advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system making it a more competitive vehicle.
13. Sleek and aggressive lookThe charger offers a sleek and aggressive look on all models,the performance exterior (usually the muscular look) is now available onthe SXT Plus with Super Track Pak, which includes Nappa/Alcantara performanceseats, while the GT AWD comes standard with a Gloss Black fascia applique and19-inch aluminum wheels. 14. Fuel Efficiency OptionsThe charger offers a variety of fuel efficiency options and engine options.These come standard with every charger model and is equipped with theinnovative TorqueFlite technology. This has an eight-speed automatictransmission and delivers up to 30 miles per gallon on the SXT model and 27 mpgon the GT model. 15. Other standard featuresThe new GTAWD comes equipped with a standard 300 horsepower engine, dodge performancepages as well as gloss black fascia applique and 19 inch aluminum wheels pervehicle 16.
New Grille and fender badgeThe threedimensional emblem has been revised for both the new Charger SRT Hellcat andCharger 2018 models. In addition to the badge redesign, the grille has alsobeen redesigned. The Dodge Charger also has newly illuminatedAir-Catcher headlamps with Hellcat logo. 17. New Matte Vaporwheel finish option As it ismanufactured from a single grade material, aluminum, the Vapor Matter Wheelsusually have a 6 lug system that is built to last.
The wheelsare manufactured and protected with a Matte black powder coatfinish to withstand the elements and resist corrosion for miles to come. 18. Optional black,orange and gunmetal Brembo Brake calipers on Charger Themanufactured has increased the catalog of colors available for the brakeclippers. The black is now optional along with orange and gunmetal. 19.
Leather InteriorIn additionto its new interior colors the new Demonic Red Laguna Leather interior is also available on Charger SRT Hellcat Charger SRTHellcat receives new red IP badge. 20. Low Gloss Black The 5 Deep aluminumwheels have now become another option, it is lightweight which cuts backapproximately 16 lb from the vehicle 21. New colorsThe newestadditions to the color catalogue are the New F8 Green and Indigo Blue exterior paint which may also be added to the interior. The B5 Blue andPlum Crazy have alsobecome available 22. SpeedThe Dodgecharger comes ready with a supercharged engine which produces approximately 770horsepower and 650 lb of torque, making it the faster as well as the mostpowerful sedan in the world 23. Active Exhaust This is astandard feature which can usually be found on all V8 engines. It features a2.
75 inch electronically controlled active exhaust system which actuallydelivers the signature Dodge muscle car engine sound 24. Heat ManagementThe Charger,SRT 392, Hellcat and Dytona 392 all have the ability to feature 390mm Bremo twopiece rotors with six pistons calipers which are able to manage heat well,offer thermal capacity and longevity for a smooth drive. 25. Comparing the SRT Drive Modes These allowthe drive to customize their driving experience by being able to control thehorsepower, transmission, steering, paddle shifter, traction as well as thesuspension. The drive modes are pre-configured by the manufacture for differenttypes of vehicles such as the sport track and default setting while the customsettings will allow the driver to customize their own.
26. Three mode BilsteinThe Charger SRTmodels feature a three-modeBilstein adaptive damping suspension, featuring as well a Auto, Sport and Track mode. 27. Affordable PowerCharger R/T Scat Pack model offers the most horsepower under$40,000 and features a 392 HEMI V-8,which punches out a best-in-class, naturally aspirated 485 horsepower and 475lb.-ft. of torque. It alsofeatures DodgePerformance Pages, Brembo brakes and 20 x 9-inch aluminum wheels 28. The Charger GT and GT Plus AWDThese modelsare advanced all wheel systems when compared to the charger and also have anexclusive active transfer case as well as a frontal axel disconnection systemwhich improves the total fuel efficiency.
29. TorqueFlite EfficiencyEfficient TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission is standard onall models and enables 30 mpg best-in-class V-6 highway fuel economy, 27 mpgAWD V-6 fuel economy and maximum performance with 160 millisecond shifts andrev-matching on Charger SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat 30. The Super Track PakThe SuperTrack Pak is also a part of the package, it delivers a complement ofrace-bred chassis upgrades that include Bilstein shock absorbers, 3.07 rearaxle ratio (V-6), performance hood with air induction, performance front andrear fascias, sculpted side sills and Dodge Performance Pages, which providevisible performance information, such as programmable shift light indicator,reaction time, 0-60 mph times, G-force indicator and lap times 31. MultipleSecurity FeaturesThe newcharger comes equipped with a variation a security and safety features andoption (80 of them).
These include Full-speed Forward Collision Warning Plus,Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with Full Stop and Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist. In addition to this the safety feature also includes rearcross-traffic alert, blind-spot monitors, lane departure warning with lane-keepassist, forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control and automaticemergency braking are optional, or come with packages and higher trims. 32.
BeatsAudioThe new Dodgecharger also comes equipped with a BeatsAudio system which can be found embeddedin the Charger’s passenger seat. It consists of both 552 watt amplifiers as well as trunkmounted subwoofer speakers. 33. Major changes to the Dodge Charger 2018You canexpect the SXT, SXT Plus, GT and GT Plus trimsto be added to the lineup, the parking assistant as well as the backup camera, newexterior colors such as FB green and indigo blue, lightweight wheels and aredesigned fender and complimentary grille badges. In addition to this the New Nano Steel wheel finish option will also be available on Challenger SRT Hellcat.
34. Major enhancements – more horse powerThe new modern now packs more horse power and a more refined andmore modern looking interior. The New 2018 DodgeChallenger SRT Demon, the world’s first purpose-built,factory production drag car comes with a 840 horsepower and 770 lb.-ft. oftorque. 35.
Fuel efficiencyWith other major improvements, Dodge has also improved it’s fuel economy in the V8 model. It’s heating and ventilation, safely package, steering wheelcontrols and multimedia system are also noticeable additions. 36.
Optional additionsBuyers will have the option of adding other standard featureswhich may include dual control, HD touch screen and resolution, 3D GPS navigation,leather wrapped steering wheel, heated and ventilated front and rear seats,illuminate cup holders, Beats Audio, premium 6 speaker sound system, along withall the top five star safety features. 37. Variation in engine powerThe Dodge charger will come equipped with a dual selection ofengine power which will range from a 3.6 liter V6 model to a massive 6.4 and 6.2 liter engine with nearly 710-hp. It is also has a 8 speed selection which is both automatic and manual transmission.
Thegas mileage willvary between the V6 and V8 engines coming in around 14-20MPG/city and23-32MPG/highway. 38. Exterior ColorsThe dodge charger’s exterior color optionswill be B5 Blue, Billet SilverMetallic, Destroyer Grey, F8 Green, Go Mango, Granite Crystal Metallic, IndiGo Blue, Maximum SteelMetallic, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Plum Crazy, Redline Tri-Coat, TorRed, white Knuckle andyellow jacket.
39. Interior Colors The interior colouroptions available are Black, Black/Brazen Gold, Black/Demonic Red, Black/Houndstooth, Black/Pearl, Black/Ruby Red, and Black/Sepia 40. Available models The Dodge Charger is a boldly designed full-size four-door sedan whichcan be factory equipped?from mild to wild to suit virtually any buyers needs ordesires. The Charger is available in SE, SXT, R/T, R/T ScatPack, SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat. SE and SXT trims come equipped with a 3.6-liter V6.
A 370-hp 5.7-literHemi V8 comes on R/T. R/T Scat Pack and SRT 392 feature a 485-hp 6.4-liter HemiV8. 41. Other available featuresAvailable features include HID headlights, heated front and rear seats,satellite radio, blind spot detection, leather trimmed power seats, poweradjustable pedals, navigation system, power sunroof and more. 42.
Dodge Charger SE and SXTStarting from the 2016 Dodge charger model, to the currentversion, all levels have a certain performance delivery level that offers comfort andday-to-day usability. 43. Comparing the Charger SRT HellcatThe Hellcat has been carrying the same 707 horsepowersupercharger V-8 engine as Challenger SRT, however it has a quickeracceleration than the Hellcat. It runs 0 to 60 mph in just 3.
7 seconds with atop speed of 204 mph. 44. The 2016 modelThe 2016 Dodge Charger. This is a combination of elements of the old muscle car and thestyling of the modern Doge car. The 2016 model is usually described as thecoke-bottle and has a front and back overhang, large wheels with theperformance of a modern sedan. 45. The 2016 appearanceThe grille and other details are closely aligned with the new Dodge models.It looks like a carthat will slip powerfully through the air rather than batter it aside throughbrute force because of it’s sleek design.
46. The 2017 modelThe 2017 Charger offers the V-6 model which was available in the new heritage plum colour,with a black top and additional equipment and new technology. These included the drag and drop menu barfrom the touchscreen control, Siri, eye free control, a do not disturb featureand a digital version of the manual for owners. 47. V6 – V-8The V-6 models tends to be more to be very responsive with the Charger’s standard8-speed automatic transmission.
In fact, the V-6 is really all that you’d needfor keeping ahead of traffic, provided you’re not going to miss having a V-8under the hood. With any V-8, the 8-speed also allows for relaxed mid-throttlepassing without having the engine belt out its full song to law enforcement.Ride quality is onthe firm side, but quite comfortable, even in V-8 models. The combination ofride quality and handling is impressive on the more performance-orientedmodels. Big doors in front make getting in and out easy.
And anelongated roofline makes getting into the back-seat positions easy, even for 6-footers,with plenty of head room all around. The front seats are wide and wellbolstered, while rear-seat leg room is a little tight for long-legged people.Overall, interior materials and trims are excellent, with plenty of soft-touchmaterials up high and impressive switchgear. 48. Power Windows and lockAll Chargers, even the base Charger comes equipped with powerwindows, locks and mirrors. It also has keyless ignition, a power driven seat,radio and CD player and touch screen controls. 49. Uconnect ServicesThe common Uconnect services are also included as well.
They are incorporated withthe 9 11 feature, call assistance, roadside assistance, alerts for theft, voiceto text and Wi-Fi connection. Advancement and newness of technology increasesas the model year increases. 50. The V-8 modelWith an older Dodge vehicle, you’ll find that they require more fuel. The HEMI V-8-powered model however comes with a cylinder deactivation to assists infuel efficiency but still does not compare with the new 2018 version.